Precaution is better than cure. This saying is not only restricted to health issues; it equally plies on emailing services. All emailing services recommend frequent password changes to ensure account security. This is a precautionary step to save email accounts from hackers. If you don’t follow this recommendation, your account gets more prone to hacking. Although there is password recovery option yet it is necessary to keep your account secure beforehand. Still, if your account is hacked, here is a step-by-step guide to help you in password resetting (with reference to Yahoo! Mail.) You can use this option when you forget your existing password or when your account has been compromised.
Resetting Yahoo! Mail Password
Follow the instructions below:
- Go to Yahoo! Mail log in page.
- Click on ‘difficulty signing in?’ link.
- You will be asked to enter your Yahoo! Mail id or recovery phone number/email address.
- Whichever option you select, your will be provided with an account key to verify your ownership. The account key will be delivered to your recovery phone number/email address.
- Enter the account key you received and click on verify.
- You can now re-set a new password for your account. You will be asked to enter the password twice in order to confirm it. Keep a strong password (a combination of alphabets in UPPER case and lower case, number and special characters.) Yahoo also recommends using a password for a single email account. Using same password for multiple accounts poses security threat.
Changing Yahoo! Mail Password
As mentioned in the beginning of this post, frequent password changes are recommended for security reasons. So, you must keep changing your email password following these steps.
- Log-in to your Yahoo account.
- Move your cursor to the gear icon and from the drop down that follows select ‘Account info.’
- From the left side panel, select ‘Account security’ option.
- You will be asked to enter your password; enter it.
- Find ‘change password’ option in the right side panel.
- Set a new password and confirm it.
- Click ‘Continue.’
- You have successfully changed the password for your account.
Hope you are now using your email account with complete security and this guide has helped you in resetting your password successfully. If you are still not able to re–set your password, contact our team for Yahoo Customer technical support. We offer quick solutions for technical issues related with emailing services and social media accounts.